Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Steinbeck Country


I grew up about an hour north of Monterey and Salinas, or what sometimes is referred to as Steinbeck Country. Salinas always seemed kind of dull from the just looking at it when I was younger, I always had to go there for the most random reasons and remember always being bored. Being mostly lettuce fields and other produce being grown. But recently this area has brought up a certain homesick after watching East of Eden, because it is one of the areas of California with such history and culture to it. And right on the other side of the mountains in Monterey, which has a beautiful bay, and part of the amazing coastline that I was lucky enough to hang out around a lot of my life. Plus the food is so fresh around there, some of my favorite Mexican food in California I ate in Monterey. I can not wait to go back.







No comments:

Post a Comment